Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home

It's been so long since I've posted, and a lot has gone on.  Lots of good stuff!

#1:  We. have. a. house.
       Seriously.  :-)   Three years of looking, false starts, getting out-bid over and over...  We got a great little house, a total fixer-upper.  1 1/2 stories, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, .24 acre lot (about twice what lots usually are in Minneapolis), built in 1952, good bones, just needs lots of cosmetics!  It wasn't easy-- there were moments when GF and I thought, Maybe we're not supposed to get this house...!  But in our hearts, we knew it was supposed to be ours.  It's been neglected for a long time, and we are just the people to give it a facelift and to love the hell out of it.
       I do already.  Love it, that is.  I have such a soft spot for our ugly little house!


Update #2:  We are working on getting pregnant.  Eeee!  Any of you know this is a time-consuming and very expensive process for a lesbian couple.  We're currently in our 2nd round of insemination with donor sperm, waiting those agonizing 2 weeks before we can have a pregnancy test. 
           So far, things have generally been good with this process.  The clinic, here in Minneapolis, is wonderful and have given us great care.  My insurance is covering a lot of the procedures, although every time I go in, those bills really add up.  Plus the cost of donor sperm and delivery, and since we've decided to use medications to help us, the ridiculous costs of those medications.
           We'll see how this goes, and decide later if we want to alter our plans.

Lots of big changes, and we're doing two of the biggest changes you can make, at one time!  But we're adventurous and excited and happy to be making this journey.  <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracy ~ Found your blog while looking at local listings on Krrb! My hubby and I, our five kiddos, two dogs and two cats live in Lakeville, MN! Whew! Haha! Anyway...I'm a relatively new dealer at Antiques Minnesota in Burnsville (I only have a bookcase), and currently looking at other venues to sell some of my inventory (more collectibles & vintage, than antiques). I would love to know your thoughts on both Etsy and Krrb. I was thinking about Storenvy because it is free, but just not sure. Like you, I love photography / art / vintage, and in addition to selling vintage stuff, I hope to make and sell handmade things.

    I'm looking forward to reading through your blog. If you get a chance, please check out mine: www.adventuresinaccumulations.com Oh...another thing ~ I love the album cover notebooks. I've been thinking of doing something similar, but haven't worked it out yet. Isn't recycling, upcycling and repurposing terrific!

    Anyway...Best wishes to you and your GF as you embark on your numerous adventures. I hope all your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete